- 19 April 2017 08:17
Ivanti Releases Best Practice Guides for Hosting DesktopNow, powered by AppSense, in Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
SALT LAKE CITY – April 18, 2017 – Ivanti, a leader in integrating and automating critical IT tasks, today announced new Cloud Best Practice Guides which outline the architecture and support of Ivanti DesktopNow, powered by AppSense, for hosting in Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The new resources showcase how to move on-premises DesktopNow server infrastructure into the cloud for optimising and securing Windows desktops of all types: physical, virtual and Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS).
According to Gartner, by 2019 50% of new Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) users will be deployed on DaaS platforms.. To support this active move to the cloud, Ivanti DesktopNow uniquely provides desktop management in the cloud while also automating migration to cloud infrastructure and supporting hybrid models. With the ability to move users between on-premises and cloud environments at will, DesktopNow gives IT control and optimisation of Windows desktops everywhere, using the most cost-effective and secure deployment model.
“Ivanti DesktopNow, powered by AppSense, is already a proven cloud-era technology architected using web services that has delivered scalable, enterprise-ready solutions for many years. It’s a natural extension to support our customers and partners as they move this infrastructure to the cloud,” said Jon Rolls, Vice President of Product Management, Ivanti. “With these Best Practice Guides, IT can provide a controlled and optimised experience to desktop users without additional on-premises infrastructure.”
Ivanti DesktopNow supports the following desktop models:
· DaaS and Virtual Desktops in the Cloud – Supporting both virtual desktops (VDI) and published desktops in the cloud, DesktopNow services can be hosted in the same cloud infrastructure to smooth onboarding and maximse user acceptance.
· IaaS for Hybrid Desktops – With the DesktopNow infrastructure hosted in Azure or AWS, all desktops securely communicate with a scalable, highly available cloud service that protects and optimizes the user on physical and virtual desktops, no matter where they are.
· Citrix Cloud Implementations – DesktopNow also supports Citrix Cloud and Citrix Lifecycle Manager (CLM). A launch partner for Citrix Cloud CLM, Ivanti technology allows automated creation and deployment of best practice blueprints for Citrix Cloud CLM.
Ivanti DesktopNow Plus (http://www.ivanti.com/en-US/products/desktopnow) is a workspace management solution that simplifies desktop deployments and administration, increasing productivity to reduce IT costs and secure endpoints. With DesktopNow Plus, IT organisations can deliver a personalised, compliant desktop regardless of user location or device. The solution also eases Windows 10 migrations and enables secure file sync, sharing and data access.
The DesktopNow Cloud Best Practice Guide for Microsoft Azure can be downloaded here: http://rs.ivanti.com/white-papers/IVI-1805-hosting-desktopnow-in-microsoft-azure.pdf. The DesktopNow Cloud Best Practices Guide for AWS can be downloaded here: http://rs.ivanti.com/white-papers/IVI-1804-hosting-desktopnow-in-amazon.pdf. The DesktopNow Citrix CLM (Smart Tools) Blueprint is available to Citrix customers using Smart Tools to automate deployment.
Ivanti is IT evolved. By integrating and automating critical IT tasks, Ivanti helps IT organisations secure the digital workplace. For more than three decades, Ivanti has helped IT professionals address security threats, manage devices and optimise their user experience. From traditional PCs, to mobile devices, virtual machines and the data centre, Ivanti helps discover and manage your IT assets wherever they are located, improving IT service delivery and reducing risk. Ivanti also ensures that supply chain and warehouse teams are effectively leveraging the most up-to-date technology to improve productivity throughout their operation. Ivanti is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and has offices all over the world. For more information, visit www.ivanti.com.
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
 2016 Gartner Market Guide for Desktop as a Service (DaaS): https://www.gartner.com/doc/3396917/market-guide-desktop-service, August 2016
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Secure the Future Workspace - Data protection, Securing IoT, Security Policies & more | IDC Analysts | Hands-on Workshops | Register now