Senior Business Analyst - GIS
Six month Contract with possible extension
Queensland Government - DAF-ITP
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst with a background in IT projects which cross organisational and jurisdictional boundaries. You must have previous experience working for a large IT/ICT organisation or IT Projects (involving significant and/or complex business change elements), preferably in Government.
You shall have demonstrated experience in the procurement and implementation of information systems in relation to the specification of requirements to support a procurement process, gap-fit analysis of solutions, traceability of requirements to processes, information, business rules, legislative/regulatory/policy/governance elements, systems and roles.
You shall be highly skilled in the use of business process modelling aspects of MS Visio and proficient with office automation tools such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook (e-mail).
Role responsibilities include:
- Capture and/or review/update end-to-end current state processes, identifying links to roles, business and other rules, systems and information, sufficient to capture process improvement parameters and metrics
- Facilitate the capture, quality management and revision of traceable business requirements, in a form that can be utilised in RFx documentation and for the purposes of testing and organisational change management
- Capture, model and/or review/update desired future state processes, incorporating links to proposed future state roles, rules, systems and information, sufficient to drive the process and provide support to benefits planning
- Capture and document industry case studies that support the need for change
- Provide support for the preparation of strategies, plans, business case, benefits realisation and other project activity as required.
- Highly developed business analysis skills including core competencies of building business relationships, consulting, analysis, problem solving and documentation across a wide range of business issues for all organisational levels
- Highly developed skills in selecting, defining and using business analysis techniques to produce meaningful deliverables.
- Proven ability to plan and scope required business analyst activities, coordinate and facilitate structured focus groups, workshops and interviews as an input to business analysis activities.
- Proven ability to elicit and model current state and desired future state business processes and business rules.
- Proven ability to gather and document traceable business and functional requirements that provide a solid foundation for the procurement and implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills particularly with respect to working with a diverse range of stakeholders and solving and influencing complex organisational, procedural and policy issues.
- Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, defining strategies, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, assisting in the preparation of business cases, modelling the changes to the organisation and all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, consulting and liaising with organisational change and solutions analysts to support plans for areas impacted by the delivery of program and project outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with project managers, identified customer representatives and technical specialists to ensure the timely delivery of outcomes and the identification of business risks
- Strong written and oral communication skills at an advanced level (including the ability to establish relationships, facilitate workshops, consult and influence both business and technical people). Extensive experience in developing and delivering presentations and facilitating workshops to all levels of staff within an organisation and with external stakeholders including industry representatives, cross agency and local government.
- Knowledge of Qld Government procurement process for solutions and services.
- Experience working with spatial systems and service providers (preferable but not mandatory).
Highly Desirable Qualifications/Certifications/Skills
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Graham in our Brisbane office on 07 3258 8380, quoting Ref No. 4A/17675.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below