Devops Consultant - 12 month contract
- Cool, exciting Projects Large complex organisation
- 12 month contract - ASAP start!
- Melbourne CBD location
Melbourne CBD, join a growing team, large complex environment, make your mark! 1 year contract with potential to extend!
My client, a well known and well respected player in the Australian market is seeking a competent & experienced DevOps consultant to join their expanding team in Melbourne CBD.
The focus is be seconded to various business solution projects utilising your knowledge and expertise of DevOps practices and processes, with the aim of increasing productivity and quality of their delivery activities through robust automated build and deployments through the SDLC pipeline.
- Knowledge and 5 + years of experience in DevOps consulting, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and change management skills
- Continuous Integration practices and tools. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson etc.
- 4+ years in Windows and Linux (RedHat /CentOS) system experience
- Experience in Azure, AWS, Ansible etc.
- Experience in data-center automation tools such as Puppet, Capistrano etc.
- Central patch management for Windows and Linux: WSUS, YUM, Spacewalk/Satellite
- Hands on experience within current and practical security technologies and configurations: IDS, IPS, Anti-virus, encryption, SSL, SSH, PKI
- Perform hands-on design and implementation of Continuous Delivery and Environments Infrastructure
- Experience working on one or more of these programming languages - .Net, Java, J2EE, Shell, Powershell, Perl, Ruby, Groovy, Python etc.
- Experience in Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within an "Agile" environment is ideal
- Use of build languages such as Ant, Maven, NAnt, MsBuild, Gant, Gradle, rake, etc.
- Use of version-control systems such as primarily Git and GitHub, other include Subversion etc.
- SQL (DDL and DML) scripting.
- Experience in different database platforms. Use of automated database upgrade tools is helpful. Tools such as Liquibase, RedGate, dbdeploy, etc.
- Release Management and Configuration Management practices such as parallel development (tagging, branching, etc.)
- Ideally experienced in a variety of Microsoft products and tools (SQL, AD, DNS, GPO, IIS, WSUS, SCCM, etc.)
Apply now for immediate consideration.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Katrina Thorburn on 03 86804353. Please quote our job reference number: 200166400.
Reference Number: 200166400_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below