Senior Business Analyst
Initial 12+ month contract paying $850/day
Brisbane CBD Location | Large complex government system implementation project
Business Focused Business System Analyst | BPMN | SDLC | Prince 2
Our client, a large complex government organisation, is currently seeking a Business focused Business Systems Analyst for a large complex project within their Financial Strategy and Advice unit. The Senior Business Analyst will be required to focus on the relationship between the business and technical roles, ensuring accurate and decisive direction is provided to the Solution Development Team on a day-to-day basis.
They will also be required to review and revise future state business processes and requirements, including business process modelling, within a large and complex business and Information Management (IM)/Information Technology (ICT) environment.
The role is required to assure the delivery of valued, integrated and effective business solutions to the project. The role will work with business units across the department to assist in the delivery of new business processes that provide both internal and external customers with easier and more streamlined access to these services.
The Senior Business Analyst will engage with service owners across the department and state, and will report to the Principal Project Manager, within Finance Branch.
The Senior Business Analyst will be required to:
- Lead and manage business analysis activities within a large business focused IT project.
- Provide strategic and operational advice regarding project direction for business analysis activities.
- Lead and ensure Business Process Modelling activities comply with standards and Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).
- Provide a support and mentoring role for other business analysts within the project.
- Initiate, influence and maintain relationships with and between internal and external stakeholders, facilitate effective communications and foster relationships.
- Ensure that the business needs are properly analysed and are correctly reflected in the guidance the team needs to generate the solution.
Essential skills and experience;
- Taking full responsibility for business analysis within a significant segment of an organisation where the advice given and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the organisation.
- Applying and monitoring the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Analysing business processes, identification of alternate solutions, feasibility assessment, and recommending new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components.
- Establishing client requirements for the implementation of significant changes in business functions and processes.
- Investigation of corporate data requirements, and co-ordinating the application of data analysis and data modelling techniques, based on detailed understanding of the corporate information requirements.
- Ensuring that stakeholders understand available IT services and promotion of financial and commercial awareness in order to provide value-for-money.
- Demonstrated success in managing relationships with stakeholders, clients, customers, engaging necessary subject matter experts and resources to achieve mutually beneficial business outcomes. This includes: Developing and maintaining one or more defined communication channels and/or stakeholder groups, Acting as a single point of contact, Gathering information from the customers to understand their needs and detailed requirements; and Planning and facilitating workshops for groups up to 30 people
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/17353.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below